Self-Defense Management System
AMS, "Autoprotection Management System” developed by SOFRESUD for self-protection vessels, provides all monitoring the situation and equipment kit:
- Establishment and keeping in real-time situational awareness around the ship,
- Automatic threat analysis and automatic alarm generation using rules engines,
- Establishment of a real-time action plan and procedures adapted to help decision support
- Monitoring / control different means.
So the crew is be relieved of its task of monitoring and is automatically notified when threatened. AUTOPROTECTION system operators have at their disposal touch pads allowing them to be immediately operational in any part of the ship. The Interface, simple and effective, provides the operator:
- Consultation means: situation around the ship, location of the crew,
- Decision support: parameters characterizing suspicious boats, plan responses plan
- Action means: reactions’ validation by the system, implementation procedures, various means of self-protection kit management.
Anti-boarding system by water repulsion system
Equipment like water cannon type are theoretically effective for short-range solutions to prevent the boarding. In practice, their operational interest is limited because of the constraints of implementation involving the presence of an operator nearby to direct the water jet.
The system designed SOFRESUD to ward off by water, overcomes the limitations of conventional lances, whose efficacy in short range to prevent the boarding is undermined, as we said due to operational constraints of implementation involving the presence of an operator to direct the water jet .
SOFRESUD water repulsion system does not require operator intervention: the water jet is controlled automatically on pirate boat based on proximal vision camera, watching around the immediate environment of the ship and innovative image processing to monitor the threat during its final approach, as in the boarding try than in the phases of boarding by using ladders.