Development of a global system of alert and graded response taking care of all the chain of protection of the infrastructure, since the detection of a potential threat up to the implementation of the reaction.
Main goal: reinforce civil operational environment.
Started in January, 2010 for a duration of 30 months, the project of industrial research SARGOS aims at answering the emergence of the need of safety of the civil offshore infrastructures vulnerable in the actions shares of hostility, piracy or terrorism led from the sea.
The cross system approach implemented in the SARGOS project uses multidisciplinary skills which are mutualized in a consortium of complementary partners.The consortium is coordinated by SOFRESUD and comprises three industrials: DCNS, Rockwell Collins France, CS SI. Three research laboratories TéSA, ARMINES / Centre for Risk and Crises Centre, Maritime and Transport Law are also involved in. It benefits from the expertise and resources of MoD Naval Technics. The scientific work will be done under the guidance of a steering committee with representatives from the Navy, the MoD, TOTAL and GDF SUEZ, multinational companies to formalize expectations and validate the results, as further end-users.
The direct application of the complete system would stand for the protection of offshore oil platforms, FPSOs and the Merchant Marine fleet.
- Threats detection
- Setting off an alert
- Crisis management
- Reactions adapted to the threat
- Accent on the automatisms ( no dedicated staff)
- Essential reliability and robustness
- Complex legal aspects
The operating station is the interface between SARGOS and the offshore platform manager. It enables the panoramic display of system tracks on the close platform surface situation. It gives the operator decision-making means as well as action means (validation of the gradual responses proposed by the system and authorization of setting off the recommended set of reactions).
The operational functions of SARGOS are completed by recording and replay capacities.
Replay allows the analysis of functioning logic based on operational test scenarios, especially during the development phase.
Detections and reactions recording has several purposes:
- To distinguish real threats from false alarms by retrospect analysis;
- To provide proof;
- To pass data to other entities for prevention purposes,
- To evaluate the efficiency and the relevance of activated reactions (internal / external)
Such a posteriori data based on feedback are quite valuable for insurers or financiers who need objective statistics in order to quantify risks.
The point is to elaborate operative sequences from the received retort orders:
- Blocking of the entry points;
- Putting goods and persons under protection;
- Carrying out of non lethal deterrent effectors (sound orders, spotlights);
- Carrying out of non lethal neutralization means (paralyzing acoustic system or other);
- Carrying out of outside communications (VHF, satellite links) in order to transmit alerts related to real threats and information on their nature