VMAS belongs to the category of advanced fleet management system, using the most recent and proven technologies applied in the AIS and radar signal processing.
VMAS solution, developed by SOFRESUD, is an efficient solution to monitor a fleet of vessels equipped with AIS.
VMAS has been especially thought for offshore oil &gas activities taken into account specific requests of this domain. It has been designed to offer surveillance operators the best user experience in term of ergonomics and simplicity.
VMAS operator screen has been thought to provide a quick understanding of the global situation and an easy access to all the information of interest thanks to frames, icons and widgets.
When interfaced with appropriate radar system, VMAS offers operators the necessary complementary tool to track non cooperative vessels navigating in the area of interest.
The system design allows its deployment on any private network and VMAS manage simultaneous connections with a secure access (login/password).
Thanks to its native web-based client-server architecture, any authenticated user can access the application from a simple web browser.
- Fleet monitoring
- Centralized management and monitoring from Operational Centre on land/onshore
- Automatic and personalized alerts initiation
- Easily interfaced with sensors like AIS and radar
- Multi user secure online access
- Geographic zone personalization
- Standardized maritime maps and/or personalized maps available
VMAS software architecture is composed by a stack of several software independent modules which have their own specificity.
The functional description is presented by the sequence of three logical units:
- The logical unit “Fleet Management” allows the operator to define, to track and to monitor his own fleet of vessels having an AIS system on board. It also allows the tracking of non-cooperative vessels detected by radar.
- The logical unit “rule engine” analyzes AIS and radar tracks according to predefined rules and automatically alerts the operator in case of unexpected behavior.
- The logical unit “server functionalities” contains display, WEB access and data storage functionality, this last offering the operator the capability to archive and replay past situations.