Amarillys project aim is to purpose to energy operators an efficient solution to monitor and manage the maritime traffic around offshore wind farms, to ensure logistics, security and safety in these news maritime areas.
The main objective is to answer efficiently to safety and security problems raised on the offshore wind farms lifecycle (conception, installation, exploitation, evolution, dismantling). Therefore, the global system offered is composed of:
- Specific mark-up
- Specific surveillance
- Dedicated maritime traffic control
- Special supervision
- Specific procedures to follow,
The system takes into account:
- Current and potential constraints linked to the international regulation,
- Technological challenges to face to existing equipment utilization difficulties (accessibility, environmental conditions, lifecycle management, interference between radio and radar frequencies, and impact on other elements of the maritime traffic)
AMARYLLIS will provide data on the surrounding mobiles, the energy operator will be able to ensure the exploitation logistic around the wind farms with ships, helicopter, maintenance technicians…
This project has been led by SOFRESUD, developer of integrated decision making systems in maritime security and safety. Other partners of the project are the following:
- Le CDMT, Centre de droit Maritime et des Transports ; je traduis ?
- EDF EN, offshore wind farms developer and exploiting
- l’Ecole Nationale Supérieure Maritime, maritime safety and security specialist
- MOBILIS, maritime signalization and Embedded Equipment specialist
- SIGNALIS,VTMIS CSS and Management multi captors solutions expert
This consortium is guided by an advisory committee which is composed of private and governmental organisms.
AMARILLYS has been labelized in 2011 by the Mediteranean Marine Competitivity center and expertized by the ADEME, in the aim of answering the AMI “Grand Eolien”.
BIMAC: Barrier by Acoustic Imaging
BIMAC is a18 month’s industrial research project which have been submitted to the FrenchMoD. BIMAC has been developed by a consortium of 2 companies led by SOFRESUD as part of a RAPID procedure in January 2010.
BIMAC is an innovative sub-marine sound barrier to intend to protect sensitive maritime infrastructures as offshore platforms, Harbours against sub-marines intrusions.
The concept consists in couple together 2 identic sonars - 64 individually programmable bundles – which originality is to run as “Cross of Mills” fully active emission/reception.
These 2 sonars are arranged opposite to each other in order that the emission could be mutually received by the other in the aim of:
- Reliable and robust detection of sub marine intrusions in a secure perimeter in a “barrier” mode
- The automatic tracking of a sub marine target, detected after the intrusion in the security perimeter by one of the two sonars in the “tracking” mode
This innovative bi-static mode offers the capability to detect objects with low echogenic level like divers, which can disturb the transmission of the acoustic beam.
BIMAC project technological progress has been possible through the development of new low-cost sonar for the civilian world (fishing sonar to detect and classify types of fish) by our partner IXBLUE.