GYROVIZ consortium has been led by SOFRESUD. It is composed by CEA research laboratory, INRIA and SUPMECA and the SME IXSEA.
- Project coordination
- Localized pictures acquisition system development and realization
- Model integration and experimentation campaigns
GEOMETRICA is part of the INRIA Sophia-Antipolis research department. This team's goal is to develop a theoritical and experimental frame for effective geometrical calculations. The team, leader in the algorithmic geometric domain is one of the main actors, developing the algorithmic geometrics library, on CGAL (www.cgal.org).
- High Resolution Reconstruction
- Features (edges, corners, frontiers) extraction and dedicated scene characteristics
- Geometrical objects reconstruction from points cloud, preserving metadata along the treatment chain.
The LIST is a key technology research center of 450 researchers, engineers and technicians working in three areas:
- Embedded systems (architecture and design of systems, methods and facilities for software and system dependability, and intelligent vision systems);
- Interactive systems (knowledge engineering, robotics, virtual reality and sensorial interfaces);
- Signal detection and processing (ionizing radiation metrology and instrumentation, optical fiber sensors and non-destructive testing).
Image & Vision Laboratory (15 members) of the CEA LIST involved in this project, develop applications around image processing and has a strong background in the 3D reconstruction of unknown environments considering visual sensors, computer vision and photogrammetry. Recent researches have lead to the simultaneous sparse reconstruction and localization of a camera moving in an unknown environment.
XSEA is a high tech SME with 180 people specialized in Fiber Optic gyroscope (IXSEA is one of the world leader in this field), acoustic sub sea positioning, acoustic sub sea imagery and magnetometer technologies. Its mission is to develop and deliver the most innovative products, systems and solutions to the market. These systems and solutions are developed and manufactured to the highest quality standards and in accordance with ISO 9001:2000 certification. IXSEA is a world-wide known expert in gyrometry and its Fiber Optic Gyroscope (FOG) technology is at the heart of versatile positioning and navigation systems.
The company is organized around 4 main industrial departments:
- Inertial System Products Line (ISPL);
- Imaging Systems and Acoustic Antennas (SIA2);
- Acoustic Systems and Processing Software (SALT);
- Development and Industrialization of new sensors (DINS).
SUPMECA (Institut Supérieur de Mécanique de Paris) is a State Institution of Higher Education and Research in Mechanical and Industrial Engineering.
The Institute proposes an engineering curriculum which combines a strong scientific background with industrial experience and leads to the national engineering degree.
Fundamental and applied industrial research is carried out by 70 people (including 30 University Professors and researchers and more than 20 Ph.D. students)